My role this week were the same as it was last week and my
responsibilities for this assignment was gathering information from our primary
contact, creating subgoals (or manageable tasks) for the outline, tracking our
thoughts for the assignment, setting
deadlines for each member, adding/ editing pieces of the outline. An important aspect of this week I wanted to
note was the challenge we as a group faced when working with remote members,
one is sick and everyone has conflicting schedules. It was extremely difficult for our group to
have a conference call like we did the week prior to gather our thoughts, so we
could have a general idea of where we wanted to take this assignment. It would have been nice for everyone to get
on a call together, so we can share ideas and divide task simultaneously but life
happens and despite the challenge I thought we did a great job accommodating
everyone’s needs to finish the
assignment. As a result, I had a call
with our primary contact, relayed the message back to the team and we
communicated via email for the rest of the assignment. Great job Team.
Sources:
Harris,
J. (n.d.). Virtual Architecture's Web Home. Virtual Architecture's Web Home.
Retrieved October 20, 2012, from http://virtual-architecture.wm.edu//index.html
Horton,
W. (2012). Social learning. In E-learning by design (pp. 399-500). San
Francisco, CA: Pfeiffer.
Melissa-
ReplyDeleteYou are very right in discussing the challenges of arranging a meeting with the group. I think it is wise to note that one week it worked well to coordinate a meeting and the next week it didn't work. I think this taught me a lesson I would not of realized had I not experienced it. Just like online classes are able to accomplish its objectives asynchronously, so can team members if they are clear on the objectives. You played a crucial role in facilitating good communication and making sure I did not forget to leave out anyone's work in the final submittal. Yes we had an awesome team! Thank you!
Thank you Kelly. You were instrumental to the process as well.
DeleteGreat work overcoming the challenges. In general, the more clarity the team has, the less they need a synchronous communication tool. You were able to build on the work you did in the prior week to divide the work and get it put all together in the end. Great job!
ReplyDelete