5.
Each individual member of the team will make a blog post this week discussing
their role in the group project and their thoughts on the instructional design
process.
My role for this project is to take lead in terms of
organizing the thoughts and ideas of the group and turning those ideas into a
final product. In a way I equate my responsibilities
to that of a project manager, where I manage the process of a product from
start to finish, but without the authority of a manager because I trust my
teammates are more than capable of doing the work without having someone micromanaging
them. More importantly, I think my major
contributions to the group is simplifying the process to this assignment, and
turning it into manageable tasks where everyone gets an opportunity to share
their skills set. Not only am I quite pleased
with how we have communicated and delegated the work thus far, this group is a
prime example of how seamless and effortless working in an effective group can
be when creating projects of this scale.
I am super excited to see this
project in its’ final form, and hope my teammates feel the same way.
After reading the text on the instructional design
process, I was kind of overwhelmed by all the steps because I was not sure how
it would unfold in real life. But after
putting it into practice with this week’s assignment I realized I was
overwhelmed for nothing. The steps to
the design process is simple and follows a logical pattern of reasoning; plus,
it has a scaffolding effect that can be a problem if you do not know or unclear
about a particular step. I personally
ran into that problem today when I was trying to add more questions to one of
the steps, but was coming up empty because those questions should have been
based on the answers to a previous step.
Overall, the process is not as complicated as I thought it would be.
Hi Melissa,
ReplyDeleteGreat thoughts and optimism! I also thought the Instructional Design process was going to be difficult to understand, but its approach to effective e-Learning and creating a virtual environment are quite straightforward. Essentially, we have to start off with the underlying goals of the course and then make our way down to media. What's great about this project is that we can be creative and collaborate with the instructor to see where he/she would want to take their course.I look forward to getting more details about our simulated online course.
Great post!
I'm right there with you and eager to hear/ see how this pans out.
DeleteMelissa-
ReplyDeleteWe did get blessed by having a good working group. Everyone was so helpful that it would be difficult to micromanage anyone. This is my first positive group project experience in a class setting. After listening to our professor discuss his views on group projects, I am not sure if he managed to create that dynamic for us without us knowing it or we just lucked out and got a phenomenal group of individuals. I am looking forward to him taking credit either way!
Kelly
Kelly,
ReplyDeleteI couldn't agree with you more.
I agree with the process for this. I was glad to see we all had good questions and concerns. This will all start making sense and once you go through a customer, what works and doesn't work will come to light.
ReplyDelete